Congratulations to Lilly Endowment Implementation Grant Recipients!
CELL also wants to recognize all the districts that used planning grant funds to explore new counseling strategies and worked so hard to submit implementation grant proposals. We hope you find ways to to use that new knowledge to continue to strengthen your counseling programs.
CELL plans to alert districts to future networking and workshop opportunities in counseling and will continue to make technical assistance services available. Click Here to see upcoming events.
What Is the IN Comprehensive Counseling Initiative?
This Lilly Endowment initiative was created to promote and support the development and implementation of innovative, promising and sustainable comprehensive counseling models to address the academic, college, career and social/emotional counseling needs of K-12 students in Indiana public school corporations and charter schools. To access the Lilly Endowment news release and Request for Proposals, Click Here. For a list of Frequently Asked Questions, Click Here.
All Indiana public school corporations and charter schools are eligible to participate in the two phases of the Counseling Initiative:
- Phase 1: A noncompetitive planning grant proposal for $30,000 – $50,000 (Due December 15, 2016)
- Phase 2: A competitive implementation proposal for up to $100 per student (Due May 15, 2017)
The Endowment has identified CELL as one of the key organizations to provide technical assistance to schools. Lilly has provided funding to CELL to assist school corporations with planning grant development. If your school corporation or charter school would like to request assistance from CELL for a planning or implementation grant, please review CELL’s menu of services and contact CELL with your request.
During 2014-15, CELL partnered with the Indiana Chamber of Commerce to create a framework of promising practices for school counseling. Work included conducting research in Indiana and across the nation to identify a wide variety of practices that schools may use to guide their transformation to a comprehensive school counseling model. Since then, CELL has been engaged at local and state levels to identify ways to build comprehensive counseling models in schools across the state. For a report summary from that study, Click Here.
Consultation services will focus on
- Promising practices in school counseling
- Comprehensive counseling model
- Grant proposal development
For more information, contact Trish Wlodarczyk at email@example.com
- Lilly Endowment Counseling Grant Recipients Announced - Published Oct 6, 2017
- Local schools receive $3.85M to bolster counseling services - Published Oct 4, 2017
- Counseling Initiative Planning Grants to Help Indiana Public School Corporations and Charter Schools Strengthen Student Pathways to Success - Published Jan 20, 2017
- NPR Article: Don't Call It Guidance Anymore - Published Jan 6, 2017
- Lilly Endowment Launches $30M Counseling Initiative - Published Oct 10, 2016
- View the News Archive