Upcoming Counseling Events
Hatching Results – Counseling Academy
- February 15-16, 2018 – May 21-22, 2018 – June 28-29, 2018 – Hatching Results Counseling Series (follow-up to previously held Indiana Counseling Academy workshops) Register Here.
What can I hope to achieve as a participant in the Hatching Results® Indiana Statewide School Counseling Academy? During the series of six full days of professional development, participants will gain the knowledge and skills to develop and implement a data-driven comprehensive school counseling program that measures results for students in their corporations/schools. This Academy will also provide the opportunity to discuss current issues in school counseling; create and/or revise policies, practices, procedures, and/or protocols; collaborate and network with other school counselors and administrators within the state. Topics to be covered include
- ASCA National Model
- School counselor role and responsibilities within a multi-tiered, multi-domain system of supports
- Evidence-based practices to close the achievement gap
- Core curriculum and targeted interventions
- Using data to design, implement, and evaluate
- Ways to collect and share program results
- Aligning policies, practices, and procedures
- School counseling program management systems and tools
- School counseling best practices
Click Here for Frequently Asked Questions about the Academy.
Click Here for a more detailed flyer about the Academy.
- Lilly Endowment Counseling Grant Recipients Announced - Published Oct 6, 2017
- Local schools receive $3.85M to bolster counseling services - Published Oct 4, 2017
- Counseling Initiative Planning Grants to Help Indiana Public School Corporations and Charter Schools Strengthen Student Pathways to Success - Published Jan 20, 2017
- NPR Article: Don't Call It Guidance Anymore - Published Jan 6, 2017
- Lilly Endowment Launches $30M Counseling Initiative - Published Oct 10, 2016
- View the News Archive