Upcoming Counseling Events
Derek Peterson – Social Emotional Kaleidoscope Academy
- January 23-24, 2018 – Kaleidoscope Academy Phase 1 – Brightways Learning workshop with Derek Peterson at the University of Indianapolis – An introduction to the Integrative Youth Development (IYD)TM Framework and the Student Support CardTM. This interactive two-day session provides a solid introduction to the framework, principles and practices that can help build a support network that cultivates caring and connected schools and communities. Register Here.
- May 10-11, 2018 – Kaleidoscope Academy Phase 2 – Brightways Learning workshop with Derek Peterson at the University of Indianapolis. If you attended Phase 1 of the Kaleidoscope Academy, then you’ll want to join us for Phase 2 to take your Kaleidoscope Connect’s Integrative Youth Development™ (IYD) to the next level. During this interactive two-day session, you will
- Deepen your understanding of IYD’s framework, principles, and practices.
- Gain applicable insights for implementing IYD as a comprehensible, overarching framework for other programs and initiatives.
- Strengthen your knowledge of the Student Support Card™.
- Practice how to analyze the Student Support Card™ assessment data and coach youth and adults to effectively and efficiently understand, interpret, and amplify what is right and strong about the youth.
- Learn how to utilize the data to help impact each youth’s social-emotional health and guide them to get on, and stay on, a course towards resilience and success
Hatching Results – Counseling Academy
- February 15-16, 2018 – May 21-22, 2018 – June 28-29, 2018 – Hatching Results Counseling Series (follow-up to previously held Indiana Counseling Academy workshops) Register Here.
What can I hope to achieve as a participant in the Hatching Results® Indiana Statewide School Counseling Academy? During the series of six full days of professional development, participants will gain the knowledge and skills to develop and implement a data-driven comprehensive school counseling program that measures results for students in their corporations/schools. This Academy will also provide the opportunity to discuss current issues in school counseling; create and/or revise policies, practices, procedures, and/or protocols; collaborate and network with other school counselors and administrators within the state. Topics to be covered include
- ASCA National Model
- School counselor role and responsibilities within a multi-tiered, multi-domain system of supports
- Evidence-based practices to close the achievement gap
- Core curriculum and targeted interventions
- Using data to design, implement, and evaluate
- Ways to collect and share program results
- Aligning policies, practices, and procedures
- School counseling program management systems and tools
- School counseling best practices
Click Here for Frequently Asked Questions about the Academy.
Click Here for a more detailed flyer about the Academy.
- Lilly Endowment Counseling Grant Recipients Announced - Published Oct 6, 2017
- Local schools receive $3.85M to bolster counseling services - Published Oct 4, 2017
- Counseling Initiative Planning Grants to Help Indiana Public School Corporations and Charter Schools Strengthen Student Pathways to Success - Published Jan 20, 2017
- NPR Article: Don't Call It Guidance Anymore - Published Jan 6, 2017
- Lilly Endowment Launches $30M Counseling Initiative - Published Oct 10, 2016
- View the News Archive