More Events Coming Soon
September 27-28 – Hatching Results
A 2-day School Counseling Academy in Evansville for teachers & administrators
Creating a Social-Emotional Framework at the University of Indianapolis/CELL
Presented by Derek Peterson
March 2, 2017, 8:30 a.m. –- 3:30 p.m. (EST)
In spite of our best efforts, teens continue to be impacted by drugs, alcohol, suicidal ideation, bullying, and a host of other issues that affect them and their community. Caring and connected adults form the foundation of a youth’s ability to avoid these problems and/or bounce back from them.
This session will guide participants to understand, integrate, and apply the best of current youth development research for treating, teaching, counseling, neighboring, and parenting children and teens. Participants will learn meaningful, measurable, and memorable strategies and methods that support youth to get on, and stay on, a course towards resilience and success.
Kaleidoscope Connect’s simple, but proven, framework will inspire and guide you to support youth and work with them to recognize, appreciate, and amplify their unique strengths, talents, and characteristics. Participants will learn proven practices that will decrease negative behaviors and encourage positive outcomes. Attendees will receive tools and practice strategies to help youth reach their fullest potential.
Attendees will learn
- A deep yet elegant framework that is meaningful, memorable, and measurable
- To see where the strengths lie in the developmental ecology of each student, regardless of his/her disabilities, adverse childhood experiences, or depth of disconnection
- How to positively affect the developmental trajectory of individual students
Cost: $100 per person with meals included
Registration: Click Here
Note: School corporations may register teams and will be invoiced for all registrations not cancelled by February 23, 2017.
Registration Deadline: February 23, 2017
Hatching Results is pleased to announce that registration is now open for the Indiana School Counseling Academy on February 16-17, 2017 at the University of Indianapolis! To learn more or register, visit our website Here. Additional details include:
DATES: February 16 – 17, 2017
LOCATION: University of Indianapolis (UIndy), Schwitzer Student Center, 1400 Campus Drive, Indianapolis, IN 46227 (317) 788-3368
Thursday, February 16, 2017
Registration: 7:15 AM – 8:15 a.m. (Deluxe Continental Breakfast Provided)
Program and Workshops: 8:15 a.m. – 4 p.m. (Lunch Provided)
Social Networking Reception: 4 p.m. – 5 p.m. (Refreshments Provided)
Friday, February 17, 2017
Breakfast and Networking: 7:15 a.m. – 8:15 a.m. (Hot Breakfast Buffet Provided)
Program and Workshops: 8:15 a.m. – 3 p.m. (Lunch Provided)
Implementation Grant Planning and Q&A (Optional): 3 p.m. – 4 p.m.
Purchase orders will be accepted to allow time for utilization of grant funding, if available. Upon registration, an invoice and further details will be provided. Credit cards are also accepted online.
In the event a corporation is not awarded grand funding, all pre-paid registrants will be allowed to cancel at no cost prior to January 31, 2017. After this date, all registrations are final.
While there are several options in the area with various amenities, the University of Indianapolis has a standing discounted rate of $94* per night, plus applicable taxes, for a limited number of rooms at:
Holiday Inn Express Indianapolis South, 5151 S East Street, Indianapolis, IN 46227 Telephone: (317) 783-5151
For more information or to register, CLICK HERE.
- Counseling Initiative Planning Grants to Help Indiana Public School Corporations and Charter Schools Strengthen Student Pathways to Success - Published Jan 20, 2017
- NPR Article: Don't Call It Guidance Anymore - Published Jan 6, 2017
- Lilly Endowment Launches $30M Counseling Initiative - Published Oct 10, 2016
- CELL to serve in technical support role to K-12 schools in Lilly Endowment statewide counseling initiative - Published Oct 4, 2016
- Statewide Counseling Initiative to Help Indiana Schools Strengthen Student Pathways to Success - Published Oct 4, 2016