Building on the Basics
New Skills for a New Century
What students learn is the same, but it’s how students learn that’s different. The New Tech model pairs core academic standards with 21st-century skills to develop well-rounded, lifelong learners prepared for the challenges of today and tomorrow. New Tech integrates five elements as a foundation for student learning.
- Real-world experiences to develop 21st-century skills
- Technology-rich design with a project-based learning focus
- One-to-one computer-student ratio to facilitate learning
- Integrated courses offering enriched, holistic learning opportunities
- Instructors that create self-directed learning environments for students