What is TAP™?
The System for Teacher & Student Advancement
Research shows that no other school-related factor impacts student learning more than the effectiveness of classroom teachers. Yet, work conditions, lack of support, and compensation often constrain effective teaching. In Indiana, far too many high-quality teachers leave the classroom and others lack the support to develop long-term academic growth among their students. TAP™: The System for Teacher & Student Advancement works to change that. TAP™ operates differently than most school reform efforts by making teacher excellence the cornerstone of increasing student achievement. The TAP system takes a multifaceted approach to developing and retaining talented teachers able to advance student academic growth and close achievement gaps. TAP’s comprehensive approach to developing excellent teachers includes:
- Multiple career paths
- Ongoing applied professional growth
- Instructionally focused accountability
- Performance-based compensation
TAP believes that quality education is about people, not programs. Therefore, TAP focuses on enhancing teacher quality through professional development, career advancement, and meaningful accountability. Using its ground-breaking comprehensive approach, TAP provides the training, support, evaluation, and compensation to help teachers improve student learning.
- West Goshen's Aimee Schade wins $25,000 Milken Educator Award - Published Oct 10, 2016
- Goshen Master Teacher Becomes First in District to Receive Milken Educator Award and $25,000 Cash Prize - Published Oct 10, 2016
- State Needs to Help Teachers Gain Expertise - Published Aug 9, 2016
- TAP Times May 2016 - Published May 27, 2016
- Perry Township's Southport Elementary Honored with TAP Founder's Award & $50,000 - Published Mar 21, 2016
- View the News Archive